A full day tour exploring Kyrenia and the surrounding area. Discover a fairy-tale castle in the North Cyprus mountains, an atmospheric abbey with views to the coast, before exploring the twisting streets and historic harbour at Kyrenia.
- Explore St Hilarion Castle, inspiration for the Disney Snow White’s Castle
- Discover the beauty of the 13th century Bellapais Abbey
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant
- Wander the medieval streets and Venetian harbour at Kyrenia
- Round trip transfers from most North Cyprus hotels
- Local, professional, fun, English speaking guide
What to Expect
Enjoy stunning scenery and views of the countryside as we gently wind up into the mountains to St Hilarion Castle, the inspiration for Disney’s iconic Snow White’s Castle. Walk in the footsteps of Lusignan kings and Crusader knights to Prince John’s Tower at the very top, to take in the breath-taking views.
Next, it’s a scenic journey to a leather shop, where you can browse an extensive range of beautiful leather handbags, designer jackets, belts, and more in air-conditioned comfort!
After shopping, sit back and relax as your driver takes you back into the Five Finger Mountains to beautiful Bellapais Abbey, an Augustinian monastery first built by monks in 1198. Your entertaining licensed tour guide will reveal the fascinating history of the “Abbaye de la paix” with its courtyard pavilions and magnificent Gothic refectory set on a flat mountain terrace. Soak up the lovely views from the walls down to the shimmering North Cyprus coastline below, or take a short stroll around Bellapais village, the inspiration for writer Laurence Durrell’s book “Bitter Lemons”.
Join your fellow travellers for a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, which is included in your tour
The afternoon is yours to explore Kyrenia itself. This delightful former Colonial town is centred around a near-perfect curved Venetian harbour. Stroll through narrow winding medieval streets lined with quirky shops, before emerging into the bright sunlight of Kyrenia’s harbour. Treat yourself to a Turkish coffee or cooling ice cream at one of the many harbour cafes, accompanied by the gentle lapping of waves and the bobbing fishing boats.
All too soon, it’s time to return to your hotel in the Kyrenia, Famagusta or Nicosia areas, after a wonderful day exploring just a few of our wonderful North Cyprus attractions.
- English speaking, entertaining North Cyprus tour guide
- Comfortable tour bus and our friendly careful driver
- All entrance fees, including tickets to St Hilarion Castle and Bellapais Abbey
- Hotel pickup and drop off from North Cyprus hotels in Kyrenia, Nicosia and Famagusta areas
What’s NOT Included
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Drinks at the restaurant
- Optional extras such as coffee at the harbour side
- You will be picked up from your hotel lobby.
- Your confirmation email will indicate the time.
- Make sure to be at your hotel’s lobby 10 minutes before your pick up time.
- For a few hotels in Kyrenia, we will pick you up from the nearby main road.
- If you are not staying in a hotel, then you must come to the lobby of one of the hotels.
- This is a group tour/activity.
- Departure time is between 08:00 am and 09:00 am.
- Duration is 6-7 hours.
- Returns to original departure point.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 3 days in advance of the start date of the tour.
- There is no need to print email confirmation. The guide will have a list of participants, and they will only need to check your name from the list.